If you have reliable transportation and an iPhone or Android phone you can start completing deliveries with Sherpa!
Our Driver requirements are set to ensure you're able to complete deliveries to the standard expected both of Sherpa and our customers. Here's a quick breakdown of the requirements to drive with Sherpa:
- Over the age of 18 years old
- Full New Zealand driver license (or International equivalent)
- Own an Andriod or iPhone
- Have a reliable vehicle (either a motorbike, car, or van)
- Valid insurance on your vehicle
- Be able to understand and speak English
- A clean criminal conviction check
- Legally permitted to work in New Zealand
If you meet all these criteria, you can sign up to drive with Sherpa! Here's a quick overview of the Sherpa Onboarding Process:
- Register via the Sherpa Website or Driver App, by following the prompts and entering your details
- Once you click register, you'll receive a confirmation link in your inbox which prompts you to log in to your account on the desktop.
- Fill out your profile. This includes:
- Uploading a profile picture
- Adding your bank account details
- Noting your NZBN and GST number (if these are relevant for you)
- Read the Contractor Agreement as well as the Onboarding Manual and tick the boxes (under My Account/Profile)
- Complete the Onboarding Quiz based on the information provided within the Onboarding Manual. Please note to achieve a passing score you must reach a score of 90% or above to move to the next step.
- Upload a short video where you will answer a few basic questions as prompted. Once completed click submit, and your video will then be reviewed by our Sherpa Support team.
- Create a Work Pro Account.
- Once your Work Pro account is set up you are required to upload some basic documentation that includes:
- New Zealand Work Rights Check
- Police Check
- Vehicle Insurance
- Vehicle Registration
- Image of your licence front and back
Once everything has been completed, your profile will be reviewed and our Sherpa Support team will reach out to you to advise of the status of your account.
Once you've been approved, you can immediately begin accepting and delivering jobs!
If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to our friendly Sherpa Support.